Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Acclimating

Ulpan

AHH! Learning a new language today! For the next 3 weeks I’ll be studying Hebrew for about 4.5 hours/day (called Ulpan). I chose to join the faster beginner class which is challenging for me. I’m probably the single least prepared person. I don’t even know the alefbet (alphabet). I have 27 letters to learn the print, cursive, and sound of. Gross.


The Streets

I’m trying to take note of all the different things I’ve seen on the streets here... There is no way to forget you are in the middle of conflict here. To enter malls and trains, guards with metal detectors check your bags. I guess I don't like a threat because I carried a huge bag with a laptop inside wasn’t looked at for more than 2 seconds. Soldiers in uniform are walking around everywhere you go, mainly transporting to and from home. Most have guns over their shoulder and no one takes a second glance. I’m already used to it and feel safer with them around.

No comments:

Post a Comment